During this unprecedented crisis, the Insurance Industry Charitable Foundation’s mission of helping communities and enriching lives is more important than ever. We remain steadfastly committed to raising funds for our charity partners who provide vital services and support to people across the country. To facilitate a collective industry response and help people in need during this pandemic, we have launched the IICF Covid-19 Crisis: Community Relief Fund.
However, we cannot do it alone. We need your support to help people and make a difference. The insurance industry plays an important role in society and we ask everyone to help people and charities in our local communities at this critical time.
How can you help?
Charities expect Covid-19 to cause an average decline of 48% in fundraised income alongside a 43% rise in demand for services*. Many charities do not have the resources to meet growing demand for services and others working with young people cannot provide services due to school closures. This places vulnerable people at even greater risk of health issues, food insecurity and homelessness. For children, the disruption to their education is another significant risk that can have a lasting detrimental effect on their academic potential.
Now more than ever, by coming together as an industry, we can make a much greater impact and help people at risk in our local communities. Don’t wait. This is the time to give.
GIVE IN 1 of 3 Ways:
- Make a personal or company donation to the IICF COVID-19 Crisis: Community Relief Fund at https://givi.ng/l21b.
2. Sign up to Amazon Smiles and Give as You Live to give a percentage of your online shopping. Click here to learn more.
3. Fundraise or volunteer with colleagues. For ideas click here.
WHo WILL YOU HELP?
Proceeds will benefit IICF UK’s charity partners such as:
- Scran Academy is producing and distributing 500 meals each week to vulnerable people in Edinburgh – adapting its catering programme for students to provide critical services in the local community.
- The Access Project, based in London, is now providing virtual tuition to allow secondary school students from low socio-economic backgrounds to continue their education.
- KidsOut urgently requires funds to continue supporting children, many with critical health issues and living in refuges to remain safe from domestic abuse. Just £10 could buy a new toy and bring a smile to a child.
Find out more about the Relief Fund Beneficiaries.
SPREAD THE WORD
Along with considering a donation, please share this communication with your colleagues and personal contacts to help us make a greater impact.
Sign-up to learn more about the Insurance Industry Charitable Foundation, our impact in local communities and how you can get involved in our volunteer projects, leadership and fundraising events and membership opportunities.
Thank you to everyone who has donated so far, helping us to raise more than £45K for our charities. On behalf of the communities we serve, IICF thanks you for your support.