11th June 2015
The Insurance Industry Charitable Foundation (IICF), a US-based non-profit organisation funded by the insurance industry, has expanded its operations to the United Kingdom with the launch of its first international division.
IICF’s newly-formed London Division will join the collective strengths of the insurance industry to provide grants, volunteer services, and leadership initiatives to the local community across the UK. It is the first overseas expansion for IICF, which operates four regional divisions across the United States and has contributed $23.5 million in grants and nearly 200,000 volunteer hours to local American communities since its inception in 1994.
“Our expansion into the U.K. is a monumental occasion for the IICF, as well as for the entire insurance industry,” said Gary Petrosino, Executive Vice President at Chubb Group of Insurance Companies and Chairman of IICF’s Board of Governors. “Our growth into the international community represents an important evolution in the insurance industry’s rich tradition of giving.”
The London operations kick off with support from some of the most prestigious organizations that make up—and support—the insurance industry. Founding board membership includes the following executives and companies:
- AFL Insurance Brokers: Alec Finch, Chairman
- Aon: Terry Masters, Chief Executive Officer, Aon Re Solutions
- Chubb: Gary Petrosino, Executive Vice President (and Chairman of IICF’s Board of Governors)
- CNA: Dave Brosnan, Chief Executive Officer, CNA Europe
- Generali: Steven Spano, U.K. Chief Financial Officer
- IICF: Bill Ross, Chief Executive Officer
- KPMG: Gary Reader, Partner, Global Insurance Sector
- Mayer Brown: Colin Scagell, Partner
- Prosek Partners: Andrew Waterworth, Managing Director
- Swiss Re: Sally-Anne Etienne, Market Head Life & Health U.K. and Ireland
- World Broker Network: Bruce Basso, Chief Executive Officer (and IICF Founder)
- XL Catlin: John Carroll, Group Sustainability Director
- Zurich: Pam Webb, Head of the Zurich Community Trust
“We are thrilled to launch our first international division with the support of an outstanding group of industry leaders,” said Bill Ross, Chief Executive Officer of IICF.
Wendy Wilder will serve as the Executive Director of IICF’s London Division. Ms. Wilder brings to the position 16 years of Strategy and Corporate Responsibility experience in the private and non-profit sectors in Europe, North America and Asia. Notably, she was Head of Strategy & Planning for AIG UK for three years and also has held consulting roles at Ernst & Young, Charities Aid Foundation, and the Bangladesh-based CSR Centre.
For more information about the IICF’s global mission, please visit www.iicf.org.
About the Insurance Industry Charitable Foundation
The Insurance Industry Charitable Foundation was established in 1994 and is completely directed and funded by the insurance industry. The foundation helps communities and enriches lives by uniting the collective strengths of the industry to provide grants, volunteer service and leadership. Since its inception in 1994, IICF has contributed more than $23.5 million in grants to charities and nearly 200,000 volunteer hours to hundreds of community nonprofit organizations. IICF is a registered not-for-profit organization under section 501(c)(3) of the United States’ IRS code. Learn more about the IICF at www.iicf.org.