Formed in 1994, the Insurance Industry Charitable Foundation (IICF) is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt public charity funded and directed by insurance industry professionals representing a broad spectrum of the industry.
The insurance industry is dedicated to assisting people in times of need. As such, the industry is uniquely suited to be a philanthropic leader, adapting its skill-set to charitable endeavors. The Insurance Industry Charitable Foundation helps communities and enriches lives by combining the collective strengths of the industry to provide grants, volunteer service, and leadership.
Since its inception, IICF has contributed over $25.3 million in local community grants, over 218,000 hours of volunteer service, and the leadership of over 25,000 industry volunteers for programs dealing with education, children at risk, health and safety, disaster preparedness, and the environment.
Plan nationally. Implement locally.
The Insurance Industry Charitable Foundation (IICF) helps communities and enriches lives by combining the collective strengths of the industry to provide grants, volunteer service, and leadership.
What Makes the IICF Special?
We are a unique nonprofit that brings together an entire industry to work together for the common good. We enable competitors to work side-by-side for their communities. The companies that work through IICF are not doing it to improve their individual company profiles or brands. They are simply doing the right thing.
The IICF raises funds for our grants program, and provides the grants after a diligent review. Funds raised in a community stay in and benefit that community. We encourage volunteer service and provide volunteer activities in the communities we serve.
Benefits of the IICF
The Insurance Industry Charitable Foundation
- Works to elevate the industry by providing a clearer industry image.
- Addresses the philanthropic responsibility of the industry, providing a call to action and a belief that our industry makes an impact through its philanthropic endeavors.
- Provides camaraderie among competitors by drawing together dedicated insurance professionals committed to giving back to the community.
- Enables a greater community impact through industry collaboration.
- Provides an objective third party voice calling attention to the collective philanthropic efforts of the industry.
- Collects, records and shares fact-based philanthropic data from across the industry.
- Assists coordination of disaster response efforts and maintains a record of industry contributions and support.
- Possesses influence with government and community leaders at the local, regional and national levels.
- Maintains a unique position between the communities we assist and the industry we represent.
Find out more by visiting www.iicf.org.